Dear Yangtze River Cruisers,
Due to scheduled maintenance at the Three Gorges Dam ship locks between March 1, 2013 and April 11, 2013, yangtze-river-cruises.com has just been advised that passenger cruise ships will not be permitted to sail through the ship locks. The Yangtze Cruise ship will dock just west of the Three Gorges Dam between the two dates.
The cruise companies (Century Cruises, Victoria Cruises, etc.) will provide motorcoach transfers in both directions (Yichang to Maoping and Maoping to Yichang) for embarking and disembarking passengers during this period.
Useful Information to Help you Transfer in Yichang & Maoping:
1. Please do check your email sent by your travel consultants for they will give the very detailed info about your cruise.
2. Useful transfer guide:
- Yichang Transportation Guide: how to get to & around Yichang
- Yichang Port Guide: detailed port transfer info
- Yichang Maps: overall & detailed
- Yichang City Travel Guide: know everything about Yichang
The town is located on the right (southern) bank of the Yangtze, just upstream of the Three Gorges Dam, and offers a good view of (the upstream side of) the dam, as well as of an accessory dam, which blocks off a valley on the southern side of the river from being flooded by the reservoir.